Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Yet another new experience!

I went to the plastic surgeon today as my hematoma seemed to be growing. Acting on some good advice from my friend Annette on "Breast Health Online" (GREAT website, btw) I paged the doc last night and he had me come in this morning.

Of course I woke up to blowing snow and horrible traffic! I was scheduled to arrive at 8:15 and left my house at 7:45.....Des Moines is NOT big, but I got there at about 9:00......ahhhhhh winter....

So he took a look and was not overly concerned, but I will be having a procedure done to remove some of the built up fluid (blood).

So my new experience will be checking into the the Mammography center early next week to have them "needle aspirate" my hematoma. Basically, numb it, stick a needle in and suck out the fluid. Fingers crossed (yet again) that all goes as smoothly as the doc thinks it will and I can keep on healing!!

Love and hope,
Margaret

No comments: